Travelling with a pet on a premium airline like JetBlue can be daunting. You need to be well acquainted with the JetBlue Pet policy and consider all essential requirements you must have before, during, and after the flight. Read this blog to get a fair idea about the pet policy and how it helps travelers fly with their pets seamlessly in the premium, seventh-largest North American low-cost airline.
Some Crucial Points to Consider
First of all, check out your pet travel requirements. Do you wish to fly with two dogs, two cats, or a cat and a dog? You must be familiar with the travel restrictions and document requirements for traveling with pets to your desired destination. Every pet owner must know the pet travel requirements for each destination on their itinerary.
Whether you are flying in JetBlue to a local US destination or any international destination, you must know the requirements and restrictions for seamless traveling with your pet at the destination.
How to Book Your Pet in JetBlue?
Do you know JetBlue allows only six pets on each flight? Hence, it is essential that, as a pet owner, you must consult the booking staff early to check the availability of slots for pet booking.
A traveler can take two pets in two pet carriers in which a pet carrier will be placed under the seat in front of you, and another will go under the seat by the side of yours.
You can choose to book a window or aisle seat with your pet online, through the mobile app, or at the airport and ensure that you make the reservations in advance. You need to incur a pet booking fee of $125 for a one-way ticket. If you have two pets, you must expend $250 along with the cost of an adjacent seat.
When booking for your pet in JetBlue, you can add it in the Extras section during booking.
What are the Important Requirements for Seamless Pet Travel?
Pet owners must be informed and well-prepared to ensure that they enjoy air travel with their pets and face no issues.
Here is a checklist of requirements you need when traveling with a pet.
- Necessary vaccinations and documentation
- ID tags
- Pet license
- FAA-approved pet carrier (no larger than 17″L x 12.5″W x 8.5″H).
- Pet treats and chews (pets’ ears can pop, too)
- A favorite toy that has your scent
- Pet supplies for the trip
- A pre-flight workout for your pet. That way, they’ll adapt more quickly to their new surroundings and sleep better during the flight
Do’s and Don’ts
Pet owners must know what is allowed and what is not and how to check-in their baggage and pet at the airport to enjoy seamless air travel.
Do’s when Booking pets as per the JetBlue Dog Policy:
- A traveler can carry only two pets in a JetBlue aircraft.
- Your pet and pet carrier count as one personal item.
- Your pet must always be in the pet carrier, comfortably placed to sit, stand and move in the carrier.
- For two pets, you require two FAA-approved pet carriers.
- The pet carrier size must be within the limit of 17″L x 12.5″W x 8.5″H
- The combined weight of the pet and pet carrier should be within 20 lb or 9 kg.
- All pets should remain in the pet carriers while travelers are at the airport or on the flight
- TrueBlue members can earn 300 points on adding a pet in their flight segments.
- You can keep your pet on the seat if you have purchased an extra seat.
Don’ts When Pet Traveling
- Pets are not allowed to travel in the cargo hold
- They can’t travel in Mint class
- A pet carrier can’t have two pets in it.
- A pet owner can’t travel on a seat in the exit row or the bulkhead seat
- Pets can’t travel in a codeshare flight
- JetBlue doesn’t allow travelers to take pet remains either in the cabin or cargo
- Pet owners can’t travel with their pets on flights to/from London and Trinidad and Tobago.
So, why leave your pet alone or in the care of others when you can take it in JetBlue? An esteemed online travel agent like Airline Ticket World will make it easy to book your pet and travel with it on the premier airline in a fuss-free way.